|Client||MD Insurance Services|
|Type of Work||Refurbishment|
|Contracts Manager||Andy Doran|
|Site Manager||Darrell Heath|
This project comprised of 8 high end apartments situated near Strawberry Vale, an affluent area just outside Twickenham.
The project brief was to investigate an existing water ingress problem to 3 of the flats. The investigation and subsequent report enabled the project schedule of remedial works. In summary this involved:
- Remove balcony membrane and insulation.
- Renew balcony membrane and include a new much larger outlet.
- Remove Engineered Walnut flooring throughout the affected flats.
- Install new flooring.
- Full re-decoration.
Further to this, bathroom tiling was starting to crack in most of the flats due to the tiles being laid on plywood and inadequate movement barrier between the underfloor heating and the tiles.
- Remove all fixtures and fittings from the bathrooms.
- Remove internal plywood from walls and replace with suitable product to take the new tiles.
- Fit new Limestone tiles.
- Renew all cisterns throughout.
Works to the basement flats were also required due to tanking failure. Works here included:
- Remove all internal walls and ceilings.
- Take up floor screed back to the sub base of the building out to the rear patio.
- Remove and later install new Newton Tanking system to a pump chamber.
- Reinstate all walls ceilings/ bathroom (in Granite).
- Decorate throughout.