CEO Steve Gelder will be sitting with a panel of judges for the first BBC Radio Lincolnshire Make a Difference Awards. The closing date for the awards is fast approaching, so please get your applications in by 31st December to be considered.
The categories for the awards are:
- Inspiring Young Person of the Year – Awarded to anyone aged between 13-25 who is an inspiration to both young and old.
- Call of Duty – Presented to a member or team of emergency service personnel, NHS staff or the armed forces for commitment to their profession.
- Carer of the Year – Someone who cares for an individual or group of people on a regular basis.
- Good Neighbour of the Year – Awarded to an individual or organisation that helps make their community a better place to live or work, either on a regular basis or through a single act of kindness or courage.
- Fur’ever Friend of the Year – An individual or group who goes out of their way to care for animals.
In addition “The Yellowbelly Award” will be presented to the overall winner who scores the highest marks out of the five category winners.
For more information and to apply click here.
With the UK General Election looming, Sharon Edwards (Political Reporter for the BBC) contacted Gelder Group to ask if we could help with filming a piece for the BBC. We arranged to meet Sharon and her film crew at our Lidl construction site in Gainsborough, where we were joined by some students from the Construction Career College in Gainsborough. The students had generously agreed to help out by saying a few lines to the camera — stating each political party’s policy with regards to housing and construction.
The filming was a success, despite the torrential rain and muddy construction site. The students performed admirably, although a couple of them did get cold feet when faced by the BBC film crew. Luckily, we had Alan Smith (Gelder Group Site Manager) close by and ready as a substitute. Ever the consummate professional, Alan agreed to stand-in at the last minute and had his lines recorded by the film crew.
Hopefully, the piece will be aired on the BBC soon. If you would like more information, please get in touch.