|Client||MD Insurance Services|
|Contracts Manager||Andy Doran|
|Site Manager||Darrell Heath|
The Gelder Group were entrusted with the remedial works to various elements of the multi storey building both internally and externally.
The most significant items were:
- Scaffolding to the majority of the building
- Replacement specialist decorative render system to 2 elevations
- Renewing stone and brickwork finishes including new cavity trays
- Replacement VM Zinc copings to the entire roof
- Renewing specialist roof coverings
- Fire protection installation throughout the complex
- Careful redecoration to walls, ceilings and joinery
- Decommissioning the existing ground source heating system and installation of new electric heating incorporating modifications to the existing water cylinders
The main challenge of this project was the coordination of the works in occupied properties; this entailed decanting the existing home owners within the building for a period of 2-3 weeks whilst internal remedial works were completed and then returning on completion.
Throughout the works constant contact was maintained with all tenants and Great Places through conversations, regular site meetings and monthly progress meetings which were key to the progression, coordination and flow of works.
The project schedule was subject to regular change due to the complex nature of the contract and investigation processes which were required. This resulted in the programme having to be extended by a further 8 months from the original 6 months.